Quote of the Week:
“Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out /
Strut down the street and have your picture took . . . ”
— Cornelius Hackl
Here in California, it is spring. Which really just means it’s back to being hot.
But I have a confession to make . . . I actually like the heat??
I mean, I know summer’s gonna really suck and be sweaty and miserable and all that. But boy, it’s so nice to feel the warm sun on my skin — and to not be shivering all the time.
But anyway, on with the first part of this month’s journal challenge! As always, please feel free to join the conversation in the comments! I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts and whatever awesome things you all are up to!
Do you like April showers?
Yes, I do! Kinda! XD See, I like rain well enough, especially since it’s so needed where I live. But rain can also be dangerous, since lots of people don’t always drive safely when it rains, and then there’s mudslides and flash floods. But pleasant, sprinkly April showers are usually pretty nice and refreshing~
Describe one of your novel ideas
All my ideas are novel! /lamepun
Actually, I’ll do one better: LINK!
A drink you think is the most refreshing
Hm . . . Something fruity, not too sweet and not too sour. Maybe a blueberry lemonade with a bit of seltzer for bubbles? Golly, that sounds tasty, does that actually exist??
I also, y’know, like water and Coke Zero.
A strong opinion or belief
You’d be hard pressed to convince me that Toy Story isn’t the absolute best Pixar movie of all time. And I’m also not a fan of how Toy Story 3 ended. FIGHT ME.
What podcasts do you listen to?
Sorta poor timing on this one, since last month was #TryPod promotion, but I was going through my podcast list, and I felt like sharing the ones I listen to!
- Adam Ruins Everything (ongoing) — A behind-the-scenes discussion of the topics covered on the Adam Ruins Everything TV show. Hosted by Adam Conover.
- The Adventure Zone (ongoing) — Basically a radio version of a D&D campaign. But hilarious. Hosted by the McElroy Brothers.
- Alice Isn’t Dead (ongoing) — Suspenseful fiction serial from the creators of Welcome to Night Vale. Local woman seeks missing wife.
- All Over Voiceover with Kiff VH (ongoing) — Interview show featuring voice actors. Hosted by Kiff VandenHeuvel.
- The Alton Browncast (ongoing) — Interview show featuring chefs, scientists, and everyone in between. Hosted by Alton Brown.
- Animated Anarchy (ongoing) — Artistic critique of animated films. Hosted by Michael Ruocco and Andrew Dickman.
- Animation Addicts Podcast (ongoing) — Exactly what it says on the tin. Hosted by Morgan Stradling, Chelsea Robson, and Mason Smith.
- Animation Destination (ongoing) — Discussion show of all things animated. Hosted by Brandon Jones.
- The Animation Network (ongoing) — Interview show featuring those who work behind the scenes in network animation. Hosted by Kris Wimberly.
- The Bancroft Brothers Animation Podcast (ongoing) — Discussion and interview show about animation. Hosted by Tom and Tony Bancroft.
- Billy West Podcast (ongoing) — Fiction serial. Quite surreal.
- Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History (ongoing) — Incredibly detailed, well researched history show. Hosted by Dan Carlin.
- Dead Pilots Society (ongoing) — Scripts bought by networks but never developed (and hence, “dead”) are given a table read. Hosted by Ben Blacker and Andrew Reich.
- The Great Big Beautiful Podcast (ongoing) — Interview show featuring practically anyone in pop culture, including novelists, scientists, and actors. Hosted by Jamie Greene and Justin Conners.
- The JV Club with Janet Varney (ongoing) — Interview show featuring women (and sometimes men). Hosted by Janet Varney.
- My Brother, My Brother, and Me (ongoing) — Comedy advice show. Hilarity ensues. Hosted by the McElroy Brothers.
- The Nerdist (ongoing) — Interview show featuring the incredibly famous and the most humble. Hosted by Chris Hardwick, Matt Mira, and Jonah Ray.
- Nickelodeon Animation Podcast (ongoing) — Interview show featuring the cast and crew of various Nickelodeon projects. Hosted by Hector Navarro.
- No Such Thing as a Fish (ongoing) — Facts left on the cutting room floor of the British TV show, QI. Hosted by Dan Schreiber.
- The Orbiting Human Circus (of the Air) (ongoing) — Fiction serial about a mysterious circus show that broadcasts from the Eiffel Tower.
- The Pod F. Tompkast (complete) — Featuring the comedy and styles of Paul F. Tompkins. Hosted by same.
- Pop My Culture Podcast (complete) — Interview show with figures from pop culture, including music, movies, and animation.
- Qwerpline (ongoing) — Fiction radio show about a weird little Canadian town. Hosted by Loading Ready Run.
- Saturday Morning Rewind: Cartoon Podcast (ongoing) — Discussion and interview show of animation and voice actors, respectively. Hosted by Tim Nydell.
- Sawbones: A Marital Tour of Misguided Medicine (ongoing) — Discussion show of the history of medicine. But it’s hilarious. Hosted by Justin and Dr. Sydnee McElroy.
- Spontaneanation (ongoing) — Improv show featuring many comedians and improv actors. Hosted by Paul F. Tompkins.
- Superego (complete) — Improv show turned into edited stories. Hosted by Matt Gourley, Jeremy Carter, Mark McConville, and Paul F. Tompkins.
- Talkin’ Toons with Rob Paulsen (ongoing) — Interview show featuring nearly every single voice actor in the whole business. Hosted by Rob Paulsen.
- Thrilling Adventure Hour (complete) — Fiction show staged in the style of old time radio.
- We Got This with Mark and Hal (ongoing) — Debate show that settles every bar argument you’ve ever had. Hosted by Mark Gagliardi and Hal Lublin.
- Welcome to Night Vale (ongoing) — Fiction serial featuring the strange desert town of Night Vale.
- The Writers Panel (ongoing) — Interview show of TV, film, comics, books, music, etc. writers. Hosted by Ben Blacker.
- WTF with Marc Maron Podcast (ongoing) — Interview show of practically anybody who wants to hang out in Marc Maron’s garage. Hosted by same.
Whew! It’s rather a lot when you look at it like that! And I suppose you’re wondering how I possibly listen to all of these, and er, the fact is . . . I don’t. I’m still catching up on most of them and haven’t even started the others. But I love podcasts so much, I listen as much as I can — driving, cleaning, exercising, etc. — and I just think they’re great. This is actually a somewhat pared down version, I had even more than this at one time, but even I admitted I couldn’t commit, so I’ve been slowly trimming them down to a more manageable queue. Still, like books, I can always have more! Let me know your favorites!
(Note: I’ve linked to each podcast’s respective official page, but you can find all of these on iTunes — for free —and probably wherever else you can find podcasts!)
- It’s my birthday month!! Happy birthday to ME!! (I know I’m supposed to lament about how old I am, but hey, it beats the alternative. xP)
- Last week, The BF, some friends, and I went to the Santa Ana Zoo, a little zoo but AWESOME. You know why? Because they have GIANT ANTEATERS. You see the name of my website? BlueAnteater? It’s not some clever marketing ploy, I ADORE giant anteaters. THEY’RE AMAZING AND CUTE AND FLUFFY AND AND AND AJDKLFAJSKLFJ;SADLKFJS. When I first saw them at the zoo, my hands literally flew up to my mouth, I was so stunned. And I also took like, 100 pictures. Because OBVS. (And there were also lemurs, monkeys, and birds, which were also cute, I guess.)
- It’s almost Easter! Buy all the candy you can now, while it lasts!! (Tossing my hat in the ring for Cadbury Eggs, Reese’s Chocolate Bunnies, Hershey’s Candy-Shell Eggs, and Brach’s Speckled Bird Jelly Beans. YUM.)
How’s your April been?