Download (.docx) | Download (.pdf)
Editor with five years of experience in overseeing assignments for writers, marketing online content on social media, performing research, and providing necessary content corrections while preserving the integrity of the project. Aiming to use professional expertise and interpersonal skills to similarly support the activities of the publishing company or author.
Core competencies include: consistently delivering superior performance while multitasking, a strong sense of urgency for tight deadlines, being detail-oriented, and an affinity for editorial work.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and CM systems
- TeamWork, WordPress, Google Docs, Trello, Slack, Basecamp, Asana
- Familiarity with house styles, stylesheets, client guidelines, and style guides
- Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook, MLA Handbook
- Knowledge of in-house applications, data entry, planning tools, stylesheet creation, and social media
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr
HIGHBROW, INC. | May 2017 – Present
Copy Editor and Proofreader
Editing and proofreading educational courses on various topics. Verifying research sources and links.
THE ORACLES | February 2017 – Present
Proofing articles for high-profile publications. Creating in-house style guide with writers and editors.
PEAR ANALYTICS | September 2014 – Present
Content Coordinator and Copy Editor
Editing website articles to meet client requirements, personally solving any issues. Overseeing writer submissions.
HAPPY ABOUT PUBLISHING | November 2013 – Present
Copy Editor and Marketing Contributor
Editing business blogs, articles, and e-books. Utilizing Twitter to promote authors and Thought Leaders.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, RIVERSIDE
Bachelor of Arts in English | June 2013
FRIENDS OF THE CORONA PUBLIC LIBRARY
Bookshop Volunteer (Inventory / Sales) | June 2018 – Present
Key Volunteer (The World Animation Summit / CTN Expo) | November 2013 – November 2015